Snyder Wedding Count Down

Monday, April 27, 2009

What was I thinking?

Two weekends ago, my good friend asked me if I would come help her with her daughters sleepover. Juliet and I were both invited and I thought it would be fun time for Juliet cause of all the little girls she could play with and me because I got to hang out with my friend.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!

It was 18 hours (minus the 6 hours they slept) of pure chaos. Load screaming, minor meltdowns, messes to clean up, snacks to hand out, activities to do to keep them busy...well you see my point.

They seriously went all day! They got there at 3-4 finally went to sleep at midnight and were up at...no joke....6:20 AM.

By the time the last girl left. Crystal and I could barely keep our eyes open....exhausted beyond breaking point!

I drove home from Dayton to Carson wondering the whole time how I ever had that much energy and how the hecks I was going to get that energy back. Don't know if I ever will but it would be nice. ;)

Pretty sure Juliet will either not have a sleepover until she is 12 and they can entertain themselves or there will be only 2-3 girls...NOT 7!

But it was fun after all was said and done. Juliet had tons of fun and I got to hang out with my buddy!

3 comments:

Ruthykins said...

wow, i can't even imagine. the closest we've ever gotten to a sleepover is having a cousin or three over for the night.

Deborah said...

I commented earlier, but I guess it didn't take. Anyway...

My co-worker doesn't let her girls do sleepovers. She lets them have "late nights" where their friends are over until 10 or 10:30. But she doesn't do sleepovers for that reason and because it's easier to get into trouble when you're at a friends house. I agree though. I think of some of the shenanigans I got into at friends' houses (which I won't mention because mi madre is probably reading this) and think it's probably best to keep my kids close to home so I can keep an eye on them :)

G said...

hahahahha, brings back memories, welcome to motherhood. Also giving the girls memories to carry to adulthood, sleep overs are great if you have adult chaperones who really truly keep things under control and will let kids be kids.

love you lots.
G