Snyder Wedding Count Down

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not on my scale......

A few weeks ago my mom, sister and I signed up for the great American weight loss challenge. You get a free month at the gym and all these eating/health tips. Every week you have to weigh in to find out if we have lost anything. Well I started out at not such a great number....well let me rephrase that... the number was great, as in HUGE, but it wasn't the number I would like to have seen.

So I went about my week, waking up at the bumcrack of dawn (and yes in my world dawn does have a bumcrack!) getting Juliet ready and heading my not-so-happy behind to the gym. I worked out something fierce and have been rather good on my eating habits. So Marina and I go back to the gym to weigh in. Ok before we went, I did a little weigh in on my home scale to see where I would be. In the time it took us to drive from my house to the gym, their scale is telling me that I gained 3 pounds. Are you kidding me? Ya right!

I was thourally disgusted and promptly went home and ate a big ol piece of cake. I mean if their scale is going to say I weight 3 more pounds then I should then by gosh I am going to live up to that....

Of course the next morning I doubled timed my exercises because I realized what a doofus mistake that was. Now I had to pay for my little fit by stiarmastering the cake away. O well lesson learned. Don't eat your emotions and go by your own scale and not some skinny airheads scale.

But no I'm not bitter. :)

2 comments:

Deborah said...

There's probably just a discrepency between your scale and the one at the gym.

Way to go you! Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

at least you jump right back onto the stairmaster. Keep up the good work and when we see you next month I just might not recognize you....love and hugs
G