Snyder Wedding Count Down

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Doing something

I was recently throwing myself a pity part. I felt my siblings are more talented then I am and that my life was basically boring and amounting to nothing. Ultimately I was afraid I would slip into the background and not be important or even remembered when all is said and done. Well I was told my a very good friend of mine that if I had a problem with my life, to get off my tush and do something about it. I mean talent seldom just drops in ones lap and if and when it does it needs to be kept up and honed. she was absolutely right, so I have decided to take on a few new adventures. Some may fail, some I might turn out to be super good at, but at least I can say I tried them or picked them back up as the case may be.

The following activities are things I have decided to do in the next year!

Take the rest of the cake decorating classes.
Audition and hopefully be in a collage play (even if it is in the chorus. hehe)
Take an art class (pottery, painting or digital imaging)
Try my hand at writing
Start and hopefully not kill a garden. haha.
Take piano lessons


I think that is a good list to start out with. I have done the plays and the cake classes before and Loved them! the other things are new and I hope to enjoy them or at least learn something. I am actually kinda excited about it and hope this gets me out of my funk!

3 comments:

Deborah said...

Yay!!! Those are EXCELLENT ideas! You are going to be super busy with all that fun stuff. I'm jealous you'll take piano lessons, but maybe you could teach me a thing or two.

Love ya!

Maura said...

You already know more then I do...heck if you were here I would be asking you to give me lessons. haha.

Anonymous said...

I left the message on the myspace page for you....
love and hugs
G